Hi Elihu,

The latest cow genome (along with a few others) are on our active to do list and are planned to be on the public Galaxy server near term.

Meanwhile, you can obtain the genome from UCSC and use it as custom genome with TopHat. Instructions are in this wiki:
http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Learn/CustomGenomes

We plan to announce the addition of new genomes via Twitter. If you don't follow Twitter, the Galaxy Update and Twitter wiki pages will also note these additions as they are included:
http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/GalaxyUpdates
http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Galaxy%20on%20Twitter