Ok. Perhaps I am not understanding the process- I am not making any head
way in transfering the data from one Galaxy instance to other. I have
uploaded some files in Rutsch lab galaxy instance and have url
http://galaxy.tuebingen.mpg.de/workflow/for_direct_import?id=9b305a114b324ccf

Nothing is happening. Is it possible that some one from Galaxy team can
enlist steps of - how to transfer files (data) from one galaxy instance to
other please, considering me as a beginer. Thanks. Sorry for pushing this
question.

Vasu
On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 11:33 AM, Dannon Baker <dannonba...@me.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> Just wanted to add a few clarifications here.  It definitely *is*
> currently possible to transfer a workflow from one instance to another
> instance that does not have (some or all) of the tools for a particular
> workflow.
>
> The error you're running into "No JSON object" means that you likely have
> the wrong link to your workflow.  The one you want is accessible via the
> workflow context menu -> Download or Export -> URL for importing into
> another galaxy.  Or, you could just download the raw file if you want and
> upload that as you figured out.  The format of the correct URL should look
> like this, note the "for_direct_import" in the string:
>
> https://main.g2.bx.psu.edu/workflow/for_direct_import?id=53b7bf0869d3e7ee
>
> As a correction to what was previously said, I would not recommend
> stripping out tools from an existing workflow prior to export.  When you
> upload the workflow to a new instance, if tools aren't available you will
> see something like the following when you edit the workflow, which
> specifies that the tool is not found:
>

> And at this point the unrecognized tools can be installed if it's your
> galaxy server, or if you wish, removed from the workflow via the editor.
>  This must be done before the workflow will be usable.
>
> Lastly, workflows don't contain any data, just the organization and
> parameters of steps for a process.  What it sounds like you're looking for
> (to get your data there as well) is a history export, which is available
> through the menu at the top of your history as "Export to File".
>
> -Dannon
>

> On May 24, 2012, at 4:06 PM, shamsher jagat wrote:
>
> Thanks Jen for the update. I tried following:
> Go to Ratsch Galaxy instance > workflow> make work flow accessible via link
> Go to galaxy Penn server
> Workflow> import workflow URL> galaxy UR
>
> error is
>  The data content does not appear to be a Galaxy workflow.
> Exception: No JSON object could be decoded: line 1 column 0 (char 0)
>
> I also downloaded the file from Ratsch serever saved on computer and  use
> option of Choose file under import galaxy flow it importe dthe file afetr a
> while and when I opened workflow there was no data only steps of the
> workflow were there.
>
> Do you have any suggestion wheer I am doing something wrong.
>
> Thanks

<<PastedGraphic-1.png>>