Hi Davide,

Yes, if the iGenomes annotation data collection includes a reference GTF dataset for your genome, that would be the best choice, as it would include all of the attributes that the RNA-seq tools (Cufflinks, CuffDiff, etc) require for full functionality. The hg19 and mm9 GTF files are on the public Main Galaxy instance Shared Library "iGenomes". The complete set is located at the Cufflinks web site here:
http://cufflinks.cbcb.umd.edu/igenomes.html

The RNA-seq tutorial also uses the iGenomes dataset - so perhaps you are referring to the prior version, or possibly the FAQ that provides help with converting formats (may be necessary if an iGenomes dataset is not available for a particular target genome)? In any case, latest tutorial is located here and represents the most current 'best practice' guidelines we have for this tool set:
http://main.g2.bx.psu.edu/u/jeremy/p/galaxy-rna-seq-analysis-exercise

Hopefully this helps,
Jen
Galaxy team