Hello Navin,

This recent post has much related information in it, including publication links that you will likely find helpful:
http://lists.bx.psu.edu/pipermail/galaxy-user/2013-March/005997.html

For your purposes, UCSC has "exons datasets" available directly for certain genomes. These are .fasta data extracted from MAF alignments. I don't know if these are useful for not for your purposes, but hg19 is one of them and this is the location:
http://hgdownload.soe.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/hg19/multiz46way/alignments/

To extract MAF data, the general path would be to:
1. load MAF data into your history as a dataset (local or public Main server) or have pre-cashed MAF data in a local
2. obtain exon coordinates as a dataset in history
3. use the tool " Fetch Alignments -> Stitch Gene blocks given a set of coding exon intervals" 4. download result, for large file, using wget or curl in a terminal prompt can speed things up

Hopefully this helps, please let us know if you need more assistance,

Jen
Galaxy team