Thomas,

I'll be frank with you:
I think blind gamers are far too used to being catered to; I'm not saying
you're doing this, but I pose it as food for thought.
You and I both have had the experience of playing mainstream games for the
sighted, and I am certain you enjoyed them as much as I did.
The problem I find with many of the games that have been produced for the
blind community is that they are lacking in complexity, however.
To keep this short, I would suggest that if you're thinking of putting
together a 3D game, do it. If some people don't understand, they'll learn,
and for those of us who are longing for something of this sort, you'll have
several satisfied customers.

Ryan