What if the neighbour is away or what if you don't have any neighbours?
At 03:46 PM 4/9/2013, you wrote:
Keep in mind that sighted assistance could be a neighbor. It would only take a minute or so. Why pay someone?

Also, the problem causers are not captures. I think, although I could be mistaken, that they are capshas. Captures are what you do on a chess board. (grin)

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2013 12:32 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Solving Captchas was Anymore RPG Games?

Hi Tom.

On the issue of firefox, well fair enough, however bare in mind that for someone like myself who lives alone and is also ethical, sighted assistance means physically paying someone as I do my research assistant, which is why I describe it not as a viable option, particularly as lots of organizations like the Rnib hear in the Uk do little to nothing about access "because your carer can do it"

As regards google, their old audio captures system worked fine on a set of good speakers or headphones I found, and indeed in discussing capture access to several devs I recommended it as an accessible alternative.

However, that is no longer the case, and given that google do! tout this as an accessible alternative something really does need to be done. It is pretty obvious to me that when changing their audio captures, they never actually had anyone test them without reference to the images, since I've never actually managed to get them right, however given how hard google are to get hold of I don't even know how to bring this to their attention since the very captures that are the problem exist on their mail contact form.

This is also a stark contrast to the way google used to be. i remember in around 2005 needing to setup a google groups account, and they had no alternative captures at all. I however simply phoned their technical support line (their mail form also had a capture), and someone created me an account with a password I later changed. I was quite impressed at that level of access, sadly that doesn't seem the case anymore.

Beware the Grue!