Hi Dark,
I've had much the same experience as you have with Firefox, and the
versions seem to get less, not more stable, as time goes on. In fact,
I'm having this problem now with Firefox where whenever a page loads
that has any kind of Facebook or Twitter widgets, which, really, is
most web pages nowadays, my computer will lock up for about 30
seconds. I can hear the hard drive working loudly, and this is a
relatively quiet machine. then, once Firefox finishes loading the
page, everything goes back to normal. But the delay is certainly
annoying, and I can definitely understand your frustration with
Firefox. Btw, this is on a 32 bit edition of Windows 7 running the
latest versions of Jaws and Firefox. Plus, have you ever gone into
your task manager and seen how much memory it takes up? It's insane.
Not even Internet exploder takes up that much.
With all that said, there are things that Firefox can do that Exploder
just can't, I've found that, for example on certain blogs, IE will
just crash outright, for example, and of course there's Web Vissum as
well.