you are right about blindsoftware games may not work  after win8.
this thing will effect a fair number of companies that still use vb6 however in their games.
jim kitchen, pcs, gma, lworks, aprone all those are still vb6.
all of those well a few are core companies.
draconis maybe to.
so everyone will have to get their act together if they are not going at it already.
it could stop the gaming industry fully if we don't.