I spelled the author's name wrong.  It was word play on tokens.

--
If guns kill people, writing implements cause grammatical and spelling errors! ----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, April 20, 2013 1:23 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] lord of the rings game thought - Re: Children's Games was Audyssey Format

Hi Charles,

Complete with what? I'm afraid I didn't quite get what you were asking.

If you mean complete with game tokens the answer would be yes. My LOTR
Monopoly set has a number of pieces of Gandolf, Aragorn, and all the
rest of the main characters so if I converted the game into an
electronic computer game you could pick any of the main tokens and
play using them. The chance cards and so forth would be adjusted to
match the actual LOTR game as well. Unlike Jim's Monopoly which is a
generic game engine mine would be specifically written to be in
keeping with the LOTR Monopoly set which is slightly different from
regular Monopoly.

To give you an example with regular Monopoly you buy houses and
hotels. In LOTR Monopoly you build towers and fortresses.  Instead of
a chance card saying "assessed for road work pay $50 for each house
you own and $150 for each hotel" a chance card might read "attacked by
orcs. Pay 50 gold to repair each tower you own and 150 gold for each
fortress." Same idea, but definitely more specific to LOTR.

Interesting enough there is an extra token in LOTR Monopoly not found
in the standard Monopoly game. This is the ring itself. If put into
play every time the Eye of Sauron comes up the ring moves one space
towards Mount Doom. If the ring lands on Mount Doom the game
effectively ends and the person with the most amount wins the game
regardless if he or she has achieved monopoly. It is special rules
like this that Jim's Monopoly doesn't currently support, and i could
support it if I wrote a LOTR Monopoly game for the PC.

Complete with Tolkeens?