I think that would be excelent, I would be interested in that

Amanda

From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, April 20, 2013 6:32 PM
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] lord of the rings game thought - Re: Children's Games was Audyssey Format

Hi Charles,

I suppose if done correctly, but I haven't known of a game developer
who has done the series justice yet. As has been mentioned on list all
or most of the mainstream Lord of the Rings live action games have
turned out to be junk for one reason or another. You either get the
combat centered games that simply go from one battle to another which
makes sense from an action game perspective but you lose the story
element that way. Other games try to fit too much into the game and
fail from trying to do too much in one game.

I think if I were going to do a Lord of the Rings action game I would
try and break it down into a series of games that only have one
setting and one objective which would be easier to code.

For example, I might create a side-scroller called, "Lord of the
Rings: Escape From Moria," which would essentially take place at the
end of Fellowship of the Ring. You could pick one of the main
characters and your goal would be to escape from the Mines of Moria.
Along the way you might fight goblins and orcs, pick up torches to
light your way, and perhaps find discarded armor and weapons. That to
me seems like the only way to do a Lord of the Rings game and make it
simple enough for a single developer like myself to program it.
Of course, there are other Lord of the Rings games to consider. For
example, I have a collectible set of Lord of the Rings Monopoly , and
have created a board for Jim's Monopoly. However, there is a lot more
to the actual board game than the board itself such as special rules
for the ring, a special die for the Eye of Sauron, all of the chance
cards, etc that could be made into an electronic version. I think if
you and other people are interested I could create an accessible
version of my LOTR Monopoly and make it true to the board game
complete with chance cards, tokens, and special game rules.

Not sure.  A side scroller, maybe even a 3 D one, would be interesting,
especially when you get to Mordor. Maybe something along the lines of Ark
of Hope.

--
If guns kill people, writing implements cause grammatical and spelling
errors!