Hi

well I don't have a problem with n v d a myself. I've messed around with it a little bit, but the thing is that in order to not only learn windows 8 I now have to learn how to use a new screen reader to. witch will just make the learning that much longer for me. I'm not aganst learning new things. So now instead of it taking me a week or two to learn a new oS it will now take me two or three times as long.

bfn
James

From: "Dallas O'Brien" <dallas.r.obr...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 4:52 PM
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] challenge for developers, post xp windows

I'm sorry, but I don't see how just because jaws can't access windows eight correctly, that it means windows eight is in accessible. Due to the fact that NVDA works with it perfectly well, and yes, I have tested jaws 14 myself. And I agree, JAWS 14 is hopeless in windows eight. But I don't think that that is Windows as a problem, I believe that that is Freedom scientific, saying that they have adapted the program for windows eight, when in actual fact, when I have tested it, it has very little access to the new functions of windows eight at all. So I would hazard a guess, that if you tried something like NVDA, I would think that you would find windows eight as accessible, if not more so, then other versions.
Regards:
Dallas