I don't think it's the changes to the interface that is the sole concern. It's more like not being able to play 16 bit games on a 64 bit system, the dropping of old legacy hardware from new pcs such as serial ports and parallel ports, I still use my old artic transport to play old dos games that don't read well with jaws and NVDA, and some hardware I use requires the use of an lpt port and no, it's not a printer, and it's USB counterpart is extremely buggy. So I think the main concern that's holding me back is, Can I get a 64 bit machine with onboard parallel and serial ports? Can I make full use of these serial and parallel ports from within a virtual machine like VMware? if the answer is yes, then I may just may considering upgrading to w7 and running legacy software and hardware under a virtual machine.