Hi Thomas,

well, as far as I can remember you didn't really make it clear that all these Betas just were tests for your engine, which you can gather from the fact that I'm not the only one who understood it wrong. I thought, like others here did too, that these Betas were actual steps towards the completed game. And now you are saying that you finally after six years you will start working on the game seriously. Maybe this time was needed, but maybe you can understand that it feels a bit weird to read this after such long time of already released Betas and stuff.

My commend about you not working on it every day was not even meant to be harsh or anything. I just know myself that reall life is more often in the way than we all like when doing something, so I think it's reasonable to say that it probably will take a bit longer than you might think now. I think you could get some angry messages again when you now say it will go quickly and than your time becomes less for some reason. I'll certainly not chime in in flames or anything, but just the story of James you told says enough about such things I think.

I actually would be completely alright if you would do it like Draconis and tell nothing much until the game is ready, maybe that would make your life easier too. I don't really need a daily report from a developer, I was completely happy to for example wait for the Windows version of Change Reaction until it was there, and it was alright for me to just see the messages from Draconis which just said that it's almost there.

Of course that is your decision, it's just something I was thinking about. We all see how quickly those discussions can get heated and longer than they need be and how quickly old stories are rehashed even though they have nothing to do with you or the current situation. That's actually something which makes me frustrated, that this community obviously can't let old things drop and that the most messages in this list are written when there is something to complain about.

Finally to your original question. Yes, I was frustrated first when you send this because it really seemed like you changed your mind once again. But now I can see what's the deal here.

I'd like to have a game like the original one on the Attari, I loved to play these old games when I was still sighted. And if you are sure that you now can do it fairly quickly, I think it's alright. I just think you should get something ready, not so much because of me or anyone, but because I think you also need the sence of finally having completed a long project for a change.

Best regards
Sarah