Hello Jeremy

All I got to say is wow that sounds great can't wait to be abel to buy my own pair, and the game sounds like fun to.

bfn and keep up the hard work and thank you for it.
James

From: "Jeremy Kaldobsky" <jer...@kaldobsky.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 04, 2013 7:33 PM
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Subject: [Audyssey] Some updates on what I'm up to,since I forget to keep audyssey in the loop.

Hey guys,

I spend most of my time on the audiogames.net forum, and every now and then I'm reminded that I've shared news with them but forgot to post it here as well. My apologies, people of the audyssey list! :D LOL.

After my 2.9 patch for Swamp I began working on a new project. To make a long story short, I learned I was going to need to get a second job in 2 months so I wanted to make the most of them. I officially ended development on Swamp and have dedicated myself to getting some stuff accomplished in the 2 months I have left. After I get the additional job I will have a lot less time available to work on projects, so I don't know how that will impact my efforts as a game developer.

The new project can actually be thought of as 2 separate, but linked, projects. My new game is going to be an RPG based in the Daytona/Castaways storyline. It will take place many years after the Daytona game, and you will learn what happened to the leader from the end of the Castaways game.

The mouse hardware requirement for Swamp was a terribly unpopular move for a very very long time. Using the word unpopular may even be an understatement, ROFL! Well that battle was fought and won, and I feel the audio games community is a better place now that the mouse is an accepted tool for gaming. This opens up more options for game developers, and that is always a good thing! Well this RPG is going to follow in those foot steps and require a new piece of hardware. In a move that will go down in audio games' history as an epic mistake, or as a revolution, my RPG will require players to have a 3D head tracking headset I have named the See Munkey. (I still crack a smile when I say See Munkey out loud.) While wearing the headset in the RPG you can simply move your head around to move the head of your in-game character. This will give a more natural playing experience plus allow you to easily look up or down to get a 3D feeling of your surroundings. To determine the locations of sounds in the real world, we naturally move our heads to see how the sounds will change. This gives us far more data than we can get from being perfectly still, which is how we normally are in games. I'm trying to give players that same advantage inside of the game world.

Development of this device has burned through 3 weeks, which is more than I planned for. The good news is that I not only have a working prototype but I've already ordered a shipment of parts to produce 13 more. More detailed information about the "Munkey" will show up once I'm ready to sell them but here are the basics:

The device clips on to your existing headphones, or clips on to a plastic headband that comes with it in case you use ear buds instead of headphones. It does not produce sound to replace your headphones, which is a common misconception, but rather tracks the orientation of your head in all 3 axis. This data can be read by games and programs to customize the experience. This is similar to how a game can be designed to receive input from a mouse or a joystick.

The device can be used by other developers! If these do find their way into the hands of many players, it will be a brand new tool for developers. It is my understanding that BGT is already set up to handle serial communications, which means programmers who use BGT will be able to incorporate the headset immediately into their own projects. Other developers can easily look up how to read and write to the device using serial communication, which will give them the same ability.

Games that aren't designed for the headset won't suddenly become 3D when you use it. This is the same as playing a game that isn't designed to work with a joystick or mouse. Separate software can be used to map the See Munkey to the mouse or keys though, which means you can have an interesting new way to play even those games. As an example, Swamp is not designed to use the headset yet I was still able to play using it. I mapped turning my head to the mouse X-axis, forward to tilting my head down, and backward to tilting my head back. I didn't do it at the time, but I could have also made tilting my head left or right to perhaps side step, reload my weapon, or toggle the radar. It wouldn't replace the need for the keyboard, but it was definitely a new playing experience!

So yeah, that's pretty much what I've been doing lately.

I'll answer some questions before they're even asked:
Q: How much will it cost?