true but you could just do what jeremy did and put all you need in a batch file which the user runs in admin mode.

At 06:48 AM 6/11/2013, you wrote:
Hi Tom,

You should also consider the likelihood of newbiews on a per OS basis.
From your comments it sounds more difficult to try to handle an installer for the different linux distributions. But linux users are also more likely to be power users who have no problem unzipping files. So perhaps you could do a simple zip archive for all linux users with a readme to explain installing dependencies and you could do an installer for windows users.

Personally I just do a zip file and try to document installing dependencies. But this is partially because of my lack of experience in creating an installer.

Ian Reed