hiya, yep, this one sounds rather cool! i like the sound!
like others have said, perhaps put a bit of something together and
give us a sound bite of what it could be like, or even throw a demo of
a basic form of it out there to testers to give it a whirl. still,
given that it's fully supporting windows 8, which i use only now, i'd
go for this. perhaps 10 to 20 bucks, depending on a few things like
how much replayability i would get out of it, and so on. but  from how
you have described  it, this shouldn't be a problem. but here is the
thing that would make me pay for it for sure.
online play.
games these days are moving more and more in to the online world, and
a game that's limited to just me, doesn't hold as much interest to me
any more.
perhaps have two modes, an offline mode, and an online mode.
but given that there is some kind of online playability, along with a
good gameplay, and good support for my windows and so on, this sounds
like a good one.
also, perhaps look in to mouse control, or joistick / gamepad
controll. as a keyboard just does not suit for this sort of thing to
be completely honest. it would work, but you simply have way more
control with a mouse or gamepad.
or what would be even way better then that, steering wheel support.
that would be totally awesome!
good luck, and i'm looking forward to see what you come up with.
Dallas