Hi guys,
First of all, thanks for the tracks man. I missed some of those, especially the fast ones that handle nicely. Is this game still under development--is there ever going to be a TS 4? I think the biggest issue I have with every racing game I've played is that when you turn the wheel or whatever, you simply slide in the direction you turn. I am longing for a game that uses real driving mechanics. What I mean is, if you're driving down a straightaway and there's a left turn coming up, you turn left. Then you go out of the turn, and chances are that in the real world you wouldn't be facing exactly down the street. You would find yourself drifting to one side of the road or the other as often as not, unless your aim was perfect. Also, I've been told that little bumps and imperfections in the road alter your course too. I used to put my hands on the wheel when Dad drove, and he was always making tiny course adjustments. Finally, the last thing I'd like to see in TS4 if it ever comes out is the ability to pass other cars. That is, once you've done a complete lap around them you should be able to catch up to and pass them again. This is one of the things I like about Jim Kitchen's original Mach1 game, and would love to see it in TS4. By the way, these features are present in Crazy Drivers, but it's not really a racing game. As soon as I can get joystick/wheel support, I'll release the alpha to you all... but then I'm going to take a time out and learn VB.net and XAudio2 if I can. Meantime, I hope you'll have a bit of fun with CD.