Hi Tyler.

While I agree in principle, it's not an either ore situation. I have some working vision and have played graphical games all my life, and still do, especially in the freeware and indi section.

There is no earthly reason a sighted person can't play an audio game, in the same way there is no earthly reason a sighted person can't listen to an audio drama.

While I agree accessible games with full graphics are a great way to introduced sighted gamers to the concept of audio games, at the same time I don't think it's an absolute necessity. The main problem is most audio games are marketed as "Games for the blind" and if something is for the blind average Jo Blogs sighted gamer will avoid it like the plague since he will assume it's for those crazy alien blind creatures and not for him.

In all the research I've done it's this avoidance, this perception of difference in disability terms that seems to make the difference.

Yet, just as lots of sighted people still listen to audio dramas, with the Iphone we are slowly seeing a number of sighted people getting interested in audio games as a unique genre of their own. Games like Papasangre have made a major difference here, and one I hope will continue, it's just a shame that people like david Greenwood who have been making audio games for years can't seem to be able to bennifit from the same sort of interest.

Maybe part of it is the emphasis on "games for the blind" and accessible, ---- which, while i fully agree are good concepts, probably shouldn't be on the front of your website, or maybe it's just a desimination thing since there's no denying the ap store is a convenient way of advertising as well as distributing, ---- or maybe it's just that as the culture of personal tablets and the like grows, people are taking more notice of audio.

Either way i  don't think it's the lack of graphics not anymore.

Beware the grue!

dark.