To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 5:29 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] The Psychology of First Person Shooters

Thinking of how people like violence, it makes me think of what is known as "professional", wrestling, roller derby, and something I heard about the other day, in which children from as young as 5 years and older are put into a cage and they punch and kick each other. The only apparent rule is that you cannot punch or kick the head. I would not at all be interested in any such entertainment, as, to me, it would not be entertaining. If the wrestlers actually did a lot of what they supposedly do, like breaking a chair across the opponent's head, tossing them over the top rope, body slamming with everything they can muster, using illegal implements to cut the opponent, and so on, they would be killing each other. Roller Derby incorporates a lot of roughness that is also not really done, as well, from what I recall. Although it isn't shown weekly on TV anymore, it is still an organized professional sport. I didn't know this until a news report I saw about 2 years ago.

---
Be positive! When it comes to being defeated, if you think you're finished, you! really! are! finished! ----- Original Message ----- From: "dark" <d...@xgam.org>