Just be careful of those mined machines on levels 1 and 8 LOL.

They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!
-----Original Message----- From: Thomas Ward
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 1:43 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] The Psychology of First Person Shooters

Hi Charles,

Exactly. I know times when playing Shades of doom when I went on a
rampage just because I could. I blew up walls, blew up equipment,
killed monsters left and right, and even had fun chasing the insane
scientist around and watching him run for his life, and then when I
got done playing cat and mouse I'd kill him with the chainsaw or
something. All of it was a diversion from the way I was feeling at the
time, redirected my anger at someone or something that didn't really
exist, and nobody got hurt.  It doesn't make me a psychopathic killer
just because I took out my rage on a few monsters and such in a game.

Plus, it sounds cool and it is fun.  Do totally unnecessary damage to game
characters just because you can.  Take the frustrations out on something,
rather than someone.  Have a blast, and you're less angry at people.  I've
done that, too.

---
Be positive! When it comes to being defeated, if you think you're finished,

you! really! are! finished!