Well personally I do wish that this time of unsertainty will pass quickly.
I don't play the old gma games as much as I used to, and to be honest who knows what will happen in the future.
Howevver I do hope that there is more progress at least publically reported.
Sometimes it feels like that everytthing is standing still and thats my prime frustration right there. Because I don't know where everything etc is at I start think irational thoughts. There needs to be if at all possible a register or every dev that still does games in general at least those that use old systems to see what their update status is if ever they are going to do so. I realise that this is probably not going to happen but it would put my mind at rest if I could check every few weeks and know where the players were and be notified via email when things changed. I realise that it would be another layer on top of what others had to do but it would be convenient for the gamer if one existed.
Hi Shaun,

Well, the money is precisely the reason we can't get big mainstream
companies on our side. If a game developer says he made $10,000 last
year on game x the mainstream companies will laugh in our faces. Sony,
Capcom, Nintendo, Activision, EA Games, and others are use to making
millions off a single title. Something like $10,000 is laughable. That
would not even cover the salary of their lead developer who would be
asked to rewrite portions of the game to make it accessible. Of
course, I suspect mainstream developers would have much more success
than anyone here, but the whole idea is they do not see much money in
it compared to what they are already making.

However, as for the idea that the audio games will die off I don't
really see that happening per say. Sure some games will have problems,
there may be a few compatibility issues, but as game developers and
users upgrade they will have to address those compatibility issues
eventually. I don't think it is so much a question of if but when all
this will happen.