From: Gamers [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On Behalf Of dark
Sent: 04 January 2014 17:27
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] king of draggon pass help please

Hi Darren.

Firstly regarding the map, you can swipe to scan around. You always start
with your tula selected so sending out an exploration mission will explore
your tula itself. To explore more generally, first you need the wanderers
blessing (it's virtually a necessity if you don't want exploration missions
lost), then if you tap around carefully you should be able to find an
unexplored hex somewhere,  you don't particularly need to worry too much
about physical places or direction, indeed since the map is made up of
tessalated hexagons it's a little difficult to do that anyway. This makes
your hints a bit of a problem since I've never managed myself when I'm told
"explore east" to actually find! east, but mostly this doesn't matter too
much.

Regarding amounts, 50 cows is waaaaay! over kill for sacrifice or trade,
which is likely why your running out. -15 is usually enough, likewise about
20 cows is a generous gift (and giving gifts can be helpful).

i would also personally recommend not sacrificing or trading cows if you can

help it, since you generally want your herd to reproduce (blessings help
with this), usually goods are better for this.  I also personally never
relied on rading just to get more cows. Generally I found the best stratogy
with raiding was perhaps to have two rival clans who I would raide
exclusively, and then try to make friends with everyone  else.This is why
having two rival clans is helpful, since if you do enough successful raides
one clan will sue for a cease fire, but it always pays to have someone to
test your warriors on. While the manual says most clans will tolerate a
raide or two for a bit of sport, it's usually a good idea to not raide your
allies, and since you want as many allies as possible a couple of enemies
are always good to keep your swords sharp :D.

Regarding seasonal   calendar, well the manual is about right. I tend to Do
trading and exploring in sea season,  rading in fire season, more trading or

relations in earth season and then use dark season for building and
sacrificing, though it isn't a problem if you have to use the season wheel a

time or two to skip turns, since things will come up anyway.

The best advice I can personally give however is not to ignore blessings.
Temples to Venga the wanderer, Heumact or orlanth himself and to the earth
mother goddess (who's name I can't recall the exact spelling of), are almost

requirements,  since you need a  prosperous  herd for giving gifts and the
like, and  tough enough strength to defend it, and a temple to the god of
trade can be handy too.

Generally if you've sorted out your defenses and your  herd everything else
will sort itself out too, but the early game can be brutal if you don't get
in the gods good books as soon as possible.

Thus my priorities are personally temples, fortifications, alliances and
trade in that order.

Then again I have only played balanced clans thus far, I don't know how
things change if you play a war or peace clan, since it's likely then that
you can change things around somewhat.

Beware the grue!