if you're discovering things, the locked cases, scrambled crafting
kits and that all must be researched in the laboratory
hacking objects requires the hacking skills and a smartpad
the hand miner is used to dig graves for things you don't want being
found, kind of pointless imo except for if you want to get rid of
screen clutter