Hi, Christina.

When the game first starts, you need to hit the start button next to where you
see dock and land. That will take you to your first planet, where you then need
to fulfill a contract by duble tapping whichever place is starred.

You can buy supplies from any planet that has an exchange. The same is true for
recruiting crew. You do that at any planet's Spice Hall. You can only recruit
crew if you have less than the number your ship can hold.

I hope that helps. Feel free to email me if you have other questions. I've been
playing it for a bit now.

Shannon