Hi Dark,

Well, the problem I  see with that is simply this. While not precisely
replicating mainstream mechanics might be helpful from an
accessibility point of view it still does not give us a comparable
experience. What we end up with is a different experience or challenge
entirely which may or may not be favorable depending on the game.

Take Montezuma's Revenge for example. That's a game based on a
mainstream video game. I'd assume for authenticity sake a developer
would keep the traps and challenges as much the same as possible.
Changing the behavior of the gems to fall from the ceiling like the
falling items in Q9 is interesting but not necessarily favorable in
that particular game because the original mainstream game had its own
unique and interesting challenges which I for one would like to see
replicated in audio not changed.

I certainly agree with you to a point sometimes if something can't be
done in audio then changing the mechanics to suit an audio game should
be done rather than replicating mainstream mechanics, but I also see
reasons why that should not be done. Its okay if the game is an
original idea written for an audio game market to use new and
interesting mechanics, but if it is a retro remake of a classic game I
think it should attempt to imitate the game it was based upon as much
as possible.

Cheers!