Hi Tom.

I like the idea of centipeeds having unique sounds, and I can imagine how you could equally represent the bouncing spiders and the snales that run down the screen. Indeed sinse most enemies in the game other than the snails tended to move side to side it'd be very easy to represent them in audio.

My only concern is how you represent the mushrooms, sinse a major part of the stratogy in centipeed was the fact that if a centipeed (or a part centipeed), hit a mushroom, it'd immediately drop further down the screen and run the other direction, thus part of the game's stratogy involved taking out the shrooms so that you didn't end up with centipeeds coming streight for you really quickly.

Given the shear amount of shrooms there could be on screen, representing their location logically could be interesting, sinse even if you included sounds for shrooms, or sounds when the player passed under a shroom that might not be enough positional information to help you to know wwhich shrooms were closest to the descending centipeeds and which to take out.

Beware the grue!