well even mainstream stuff is going digital download.
Last week my friend and me went shopping for games and stuff.
A lot is on steam or is downloadable online.
if there is a cd or dvd, it contains the basics to get the game running right.
However in most cases the stuff if its on cd if you buy it is total crap because the devs ant you to buy the rest of the stuff as dlc online.
More and more of the games are going online.
And a lot are consoles now or mobile.
in the local stores we check out the pc game stuff is ner 0 so I think the fixed media is becomming more and more out dated.
And what is there is only for those of us to run the game with the basics.
The game has a basic offline mode but the story is really crap its meant for those to get used to the controls.
Most games want you to go online to go against real people.
The age of the cd is on the way out.
For us blind gamers, we havn't got fully started yet.