David,

That's a very noble and completely unrealistic sentiment.  I'm sure
most game company owners would agree with you, however the pressures
of bankruptcy and financial insolvency often (and I would say
rightfully) take precedence.  That's neverminding the technical
issues, which it would be pointless to go into here.

Dennis Towne

Alter Aeon MUD
http://www.alteraeon.com