Hi Lori,

What you call a memory stick are commonly called flash drives here in
the US. Basically, it is just a long skinny plastic device with a cap
on it you can take of and slide it into your USB port. To be honest I
haven't paid too much attention to brands and just buy them based on
price and the amount of memory available on them.

There is another option available you might want to think about. You
can buy a USB card reader which costs about $15, and you can put any
size flash card in it which is nice. Of course you have to be careful
with flash cards, but you can have several of them for a decent price
and they are small enough to store in a desk drawer or in a container
on your computer desk.

Either way backup devices aren't that expensive. I don't know much
about the UK to tell you where to get them, but I'm sure there has to
be somewhere to get them for a fair price without going to Amazon, New
Egg,  or another online vender.