From: "Charles Rivard" <wee1s...@fidnet.com>
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2014 10:14 AM
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] making things last

Actually, I'm glad that such protective gear exists.  It exists for a
reason.  Use it as directed and you probably won't have a problem.  I would
not stick my hand into a 500 degree oven when wearing mitts that claim that
they will protect your hand up to 500 degrees merely to see if their claim
is valid.  Doing so is just! plain! stupid!!  But knowing that I can do so
gives a bit of assurance, and I won't fear doing so.  If you were to wear a
glove that claimed that it can protect you from a 100,000 volt charge of
electricity, would you honestly, purposely, grab onto a wire carrying
100,000 volts just to see if their claim is correct??  If you do so, you
just might get what you were stupid enough to ask for.  But as for cell
phone cases, the better the protection, the better.

you! really! are! finished!