Don't even get me started on headphones... a pair every three or four
months...
That teacher sounds like... quite a stellar person... I bet that attitude of
compassion and understanding's going to take them far.

From: "Nicol" <nicoljaco...@telkomsa.net>
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2014 6:53 PM
To: "'Gamers Discussion list'" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] making things last

Wow john thanks.
You make me feel better.
Since I was a kid, my mom and various other people accused me of handling my
headphones roughly if they even slightly stopped working.
I remember one of my primary school teachers  used a saying:
"Give something to a blind person and he will break it for you."
Even  when I was working, my colleagues and boss  would accuse me of
handling my headphones too roughly if they stopped working.
Your e-mail  makes me feel much better.
Now after reading your message  I realize that there is other blind people
who test their equipment, not deliberately intending to break it.