Ranger thief ftw.
Hide, multi shot.
Same deal with a fighter thief or thief fighter... instakill if you do it
right.

From: "dark" <d...@xgam.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 26, 2014 4:12 PM
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] a polite request.

Hi Ishen.

I don't have a recording of the drake but I can give you some advice.

The drake is big, tough, hard to damage, however he has one weakness. There
is only one of him.

My usual stratogy is to focus not on killing the drake with big attacks, but
on stopping him killing me while I chip away at his health. So scrolls like
sleep, weaken and slow, abilities like hide, Shrinking the drake and then
knocking him over meaning he'll need to spend a turn standing, the mending
and battle songs of the bard can all come in handy.

Usually I have one character attacking the drake, say an assassin, a monk or
a necro, one character handing out healing potions, and one character either
using scrolls or acting a secondary attacker.

It's hard to suggest without knowing your party, but basically focus on
making your party strong and what abilities complement each other, for
example, using the assassin's crytical hits and sneak attack, or the monk's
iron skin, multiple attacks and unarmed. Dont' just try to go for big
damage, but think in terms of tactics, try to make the drake lose  and keep
your own party going. Once, in an early version of entombed (and one where
Jason rather over powered the drake), I defeated him by having a mage shrink
the drake, grow my ogre brawler, then having the brawler continually use
tackle on the drake keeping him on the ground. On another occasion, I got my
wolf killed earlier on, then had my druid cast lightning thus leading to a
zombie wolf on my side, who then bit the drake and rotted him to death (that
was hilarious).

Use everything and anything you have, scrolls, magic potions, weapons with
interesting affects, and think carefully.

If you just keep hitting attack attack, your bound to lose, it takes
stratogy to kill the Drake. If worst comes to absolute worst, you can hear
where the drake is, so go down the dungeon a few levels and then come back
and deal with him with a stronger party. I've heard this is how some people
deal with him, though I've never done that myself as to me dealing with the
drake on level 8 where you find him is all part of the challenge of the
game.

Hth.