Hi Ishen.

Some scrolls don't work, either because the scroll fails or because the enemy is resistant, the level of the scroll will give you an idea, but some enemies are specifically resistant. As I remember polymorphing the drake is either impossible or very, very unlikely sinse it would make the fight too easy.

As to jobs, shamans have one of themost powerful abilities in the game, the curse ability, which will elp a lot against the drake, lightning is a good spell to use too. The problem with shamans however is that the only races who can be shamans are goblins and ogres. Ogres don't make good shamans sinse their intelligence is so low and magic damage and amount of mana is based on intelligence, while goblinns are physically not strong as a class so make sure you have some healing methods handy if you go that route. Also be careful using the tribal totem to turn into a bear sinse as I remember there was a problem with the game resetting all your character's stats after they were morphed back to their initial values, which made them very ineffective.

Necros are great. just keep ice blasting the drake in the noggin, though again look for ways to weaken him too.

As to buying the game, I'd recommend it, it's got a full 25 floors and twice as many jobs and races, it'll take you hours to complete just the once and if you thik the drake is bad, wait until you see some of the bosses further down.

Beware the grue!