In that case its probably the specific machine. Thanks for the info.
From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2014 3:47 PM
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] any game of thomas ward

Hi John,

Interesting, but unfortunately that error message doesn't begin to
address what the problem could be. It just looks like a generic common
runtime error which could mean anything. My guess is a missing
dependency since back when I  wrote STFC it was on a machine running
Windows XP, and it ran fine aside for a couple of crashes do to some
misnamed sound files.

Fortunately, I am rewriting the game in my spare time and the new
version, whenever it gets released, should be a whole lot more stable
than the older version. I just need to find time to really spend on
getting the new version out to the public.

Cheers!