Since I took the time to learn the number pad, I now use it all the time. Unfortunately, my laptop doesn't have one. I've got a conventional external keyboard hooked to it when using it at home, though, so I do have the number pad available. It does make sense to use it for entering numbers. After all, that's what it's for! And, seeing as it is right there at your right hand, why not use it?

---
Be positive! When it comes to being defeated, if you think you're finished, you! really! are! finished! ----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2015 4:19 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] xbox accessibility?

Hi Charles,

Interesting you had never used the number pad until you worked there.
Seems to me that would be the logical choice for anyone wanting to
enter several numbers at a time. Sure, for quickly writing down say a
date or time I'll use the top row of the keyboard but for most things
like phone numbers, credit card numbers, or any long number I'll use
the number pad because it is quicker and more efficient. That is one
reason I prefer laptops with a number pad on them.

Odd that you mention the number pad.  I never used it until I started
working there.  Someone asked me why I didn't use it, and I said that I
didn't use it because I just never had worked with it before. Over my lunch

period, I experimented and learned to use it.

---