Well to be honest while I do find at times the music a bit distracting volume wize the ffact I need to rely less on my speech and more on the sounds is good.
However I have never been a windows text gamer.
The only reason I havn't touched alter is because for one thing I have gone so far and havn't tried to go further.
I also  have a bit of a hectic lifestyle.
That and the fact realitysoftware related stuff is something I need to do daily pluss the fact I have just started another sound project and have a possible computer servicing project on the cards, I have more than enouggh on my fire to burn all night. However this flame is dampened by the upgrades on my bathrooms so while I may from time to time be able to play that nice online game as long as its not noisy or something extra work like sound voice and serious testing need to be juggled. The only reason I have started seriously to go back into full work is because the smashing and bashing has stopped for the time beeing.
That doesn't mean it won't startt again any moment so.
Playing alter requires me to be in a peacefull mood and I am vary muchly not.