The process of 'copying its functionality' would involve almost 500
meg of sound files, a full LUA interpreter, porting of various
mushclient-specific LUA modules, conversion of ten thousands lines of
triggers and aliases, and verifying that another ten thousand lines of
spaghetti LUA code works properly with everything else listed above.

Obviously, a more limited subset of functionality would be easier.  A
very, very limited subset.  It would be easier to start over.

Dennis Towne

Alter Aeon MUD
http://www.alteraeon.com