Hi Dark,

Not sure I'd go as far to call Brian Hartgen a moron since his reasons
for not selling Q9 separately makes sense from a certain business
point of view. As I understand it his entire purpose of acquiring the
game was not to sell the game but to use it to add onto his Leasey
product, to boost sales of Leasey, so seen from that perspective it
makes sense. There is a lot that could be said here greedy, scummy,
unfair, etc but the bottom line is he won't sell the game as a stand
alone product because it was never his intention to do it that way. He
is bundling it into his Leasey product and if you want it you have to
pay the big bucks for Leasey.

To be honest I don't think Brian Hartgen really thought about the
ramifications of what this would do and how angry this would make the
audio games community. He saw this as a simple business transaction,
one in which would boost sales of Leasey, and he didn't care if it
effectively took Q9 off the market. He is not a game developer per se,
and thus he has no ties to the community the way many long time audio
game developers do. So he just does not see it the same way we see it.
To him Q9 is just another piece of software to be sold or added to
Leasey rather than sold  as a separately existing product.