Hi,

I totally agree with what Dark is saying here. A lot of problems with
Castaways can be solved by not being too static. As he says a lot of
times you don't need a doctor so rather than have him or her standing
around get the doctor out to do food deliveries, go hunting, chop
lumber, or something else useful. Thinking that this person only has
one job can get your entire settlement killed because you aren't
making use of all of your human resources. A lot of what makes you an
effective Castaways player is being able to assign and reassign people
to different tasks as needed rather than just giving each person a
task and letting them stand around waiting for work.

Cheers!