You're likely to get a lot of responses to these questions, but I'll chime in anyway.

To answer the first question.

No, it doesn't take as much room for a game for the visually impaired as it does for a sighted gamer. The reason being, although sounds can be large, (especially high-quality ones), you don't have to deal with graphics, which can eat considerably more space. My son is always buying the newest games, and these days, they're almost always several gigabytes in size. I have yet to see an audio game that packs that big of a punch, though I'm not exactly an expert on audio games for the blind, considering I'm not a fan of windows, and only recently got another windows machine which I have done without for more than 10 years. On the other hand, I'm quite a bit puzzled why absolutely no attempt is made by folks who make blind games to make them sighted friendly. Admittedly,it would take extra work, and in some cases, it might be more work than it's worth, but in general, when a game is made for the blind community, nothing is done to the game to make it be playable by sighted gamers.

Sometimes, the effort is so minimal, it is laughable, and yet, developers of blind games do the very thing they accuse the sighted world of doing to us. <shrug> I have never released a product that wasn't usable by both sighted and blind users alike, though again, I haven't been doing anything at all in the windows world for more than 10 years, and most of the freelance work I do has nothing to do with blind folks at all, but that's beside the point. I find it frustrating sometimes when I download a shiny new game to play, only to find that my wife and children can't enjoy the game with me, because there is no attempt made to give the sighted world any interface at all. Case in point, rs games. Except for the sounds, there's absolutely no reason whatsoever why the client can't have the text written on the screen right along with the spoken text. Instead, the sighted folks have to use the web interface wich is so plain, they don't even want to bother with it.

I've been a web developer for roughly 20 years, and honestly, it's not hard to make web sites presentable to the sighted as well as the blind if it's done correctly. Yes, you'll need a sighted person to look at the thing, and say things like, move the graphic to the other side of the text, or why does that link not have a picture, but it's not a difficult process.

As for the rest of your questions, I'll leave those for others, as I've gotten badly off topic with this post, and while I could rant for several pages, it's not helpful to do so, so I'll stop here, with the expectation that I'll get blasted 3 ways from sunday for daring to speak such blastphemy, and discussions of how hard and time consuming it would be to make things usable by the sighted. I don't mean full out graphics with full motion video and such, but just a little effort put into maybe having a few pictures, (or as pointed about rsgames client,) just adding text instead of having speech only. It's not hard, and it allows friends and family to play along, even if it's not the best experience in the world for them.