Hi Nicol,
In the Sarah game the layout of the playing area will be more like Shades of
Doom than like Pacman.
There are dead ends and rooms that you need to enter to find items.
The coins you pick up in the Sarah game are like the fruit in Pacman but you
need to use the money to buy candy in the candy store to get energy.
I will be revising the manual prior to the release of the game with changes
from the manual that is now posted.
Since the game is based on the castle in the Harry Potter books it still
would help you a bit to read the books.
I have one beta tester that has not read the books and she can find most of
what is in the game.
On each floor Dobby is there to help you a bit if you can not find
something.
He does not give you the exact solution to where something is but just a
hint.
I am sure someone will produce a walk through once the game is finished in
case you get stuck in not being able to figure out a puzzle.
And about the levels since you start out on level1 and can not go to level 0
I changed the name of the levels to chapters.
You can go directly from chapter 3 which is the second floor to chapter 14
which is the chamber of secrets if you know where the entrance is and use
the correct password.
And I guess someone who has not read the book Chamber of Secrets might find
it hard to do that!
I will be writing a short text article that will give non Harry Potter book
readers some help but I can not give away too many secrets or it will make
the game too easy!
Unlike Shades of Doom, you do not have to visit all 14 chapters to win the
game.
I put the final chapter on level12 since that was the last level in an
earlier version of the game but since then I added two other levels but
again the number of the chapter does not mean much.
When you enter the library you will find books that are talked about in the
Harry Potter books but when you examine them you will only get a short
snippet of text read to you.
Some of the books will help you while others may bite you.
At the beginning of the game Sarah knows twelve spells but some of them she
can only do a limited number of times. So reading the books will not add to
the types of spells but will add to how many times she can use them.

Hope this answers your questions.
Phil