something vaguely similar happpened with me, but I found that once I'd
entered my score, though the game's sound continued, I could just end it
with Q or with alt F4 to close the window, and it certainly didnt interfere
with anything else.

Then again though, sinse Hal doesn't do the business with the arrow keys
that people mention with Jaws, all I need to do is turn the voice back on to
have a working screen reader.

Btw Phil, i like the manual. If you wanted to include instructions for
running Sarah with Hal the same way you've included the instructions to
unload Jaws, all you need to do with Hal is turn off the voice with ctrl
zero if playing on a desktop. If playing on a laptop though, you'd probably
also need to turn off Hal's hotkeys, sinse otherwise most of the hotkeys
would be tracked by Hal not the game, sinse on a laptop most of Hal's speech
functions are performed with the F keys.

To do this you'd just need to press ctrl 8 to turn hotkeys off after
pressing ctrl zero to remove the voice. Once the game is finished, ctrl 8
will get the keys back, and ctrl zero will turn the voice back on
(unfortunately, you have to do it in this order sinse ctrl 8 is the only
hotkey that will work when keys are turned off).

I'm stil! waiting for Draconis to send me my unlock code, I really thought
it would've been here this morning, but I'm guessing their extremely busy
with game orders, sinse they've sent me a reciet etcthe order's obviously
being processed.

Beware the Grue!