Hi thom.

while I can fully appreciate that people enjoy the 3D fps games (I'm quite a
fan of Sarah and Shades myself), i do also think that it's very much worth
exploring the accessibility of as wide a variety of game types as
possible, ----- including the 2D platformer.

while there are some great 3D fps audio games, ------ and hopefully, with
the Gma engine more on the way,     there aren't many 2D side scrolling
platformers ------ only Superliam and Tarzan Jr come to mind, and while both
are great games (Liam's voice acting is highly! amusing), I believe they've
only scratched the surface of what's possible in audio 2D platformers,
particularly with respect to the vertical axiss and exploration.

It would deffinately imho be a good thing if as well as Monti, the likes of
Mega man, Marrio, Castlevania and Prince of persia could be created in
audio, ----- perhaps leading the way to creating some of the more
complicated Y axiss games like Turrican or Metroid.

You also mention double Dragon in the list, so perhaps your engine could
also create 2D walk along beat em ups like Streets of rage, Final fight or
Golden Axe, which is another game genre that hasn't yet been converted into
audio.

So personally, I'd advise going for the 2D game developement in the name of
increased diversity, and bringing classics into audio, though as Charles
says, if your engine could work both ways that'd be great, ----- though I
expect that would be a much more difficult proposition from a programming
point of view.

Btw, I highly approve of your starwars game idea, it actually reminds me of
the Super starwars games on the Snes, ----- some of my favourites. I
particularly enjoyed the ability to use certain cheat codes so that I could
do crazy things, such as taking out Darth Vader and the emperor with Wickit
the E-wock or chuey, or having Han solo go through Yoda's training on
Dagobar.

Beware the grue!