Karl. This is true in an ideal environment, but since we are using audio
instead of sight in the game, then the lack of a torch light means the
lack of seeing monsters. Since seeing is actually hearing, then the
sounds of the monsters should be disabled. Let me put it this way. If
the game was sighted only, the lit room would show the monsters, the
dark room would not show monsters. Since we are playing an audio game,
the lit room should allow you to hear monsters and the dark room should
not allow you to hear monsters. it's keeping the analogy.

This is why I feel that way, but in the end it's up to Tom how he wants
to handle it. Or, maybe he can make it one way for the easier levels and
another way for the harder ones.

--
Raul A. Gallegos .. http://www.asmodean.net