Hi,
That is interesting though it is definitly not Star Wars cannon. Darth
Vader never possessed the power to use force lightning, and Mara never
completed that level of Sith training to have force lightning either. At
least not the real Mara.
In Mysteries of the Sith though Mara Jade discovers that before the
Emperor's death he had ordered a clone of Mara to be made. While the
real Mara joined the New Republic, became a Jedi Knight, married Luke,
etc this clone Mara became a Sith and was ordered to kill the real Mara
and take her place as an agent of the Empire. If you played the game to
conclusion though the real Mara Jade kills her clone, and she goes on
with the rest of her life as the books says. If you die, the real Mara,
and then the clone becomes an Imperial spy.
I can say from personal experience in playing the original Mysteries Of
The Sith the clone Mara could easily rip you a new one if you didn't use
a little dirty fighting your self. She would jump around the Sith temple
shooting off force blind which would cause the screen to go fuzzy, hit
you with lightning, or use force throw to toss you into a wall. She
didn't even need a Sith light saber to kick the real Mara's butt.
As I recall the path to victory was basically to put your light saber
away and  force duel by tossing force stun, force blind, and force
protect, until you got the clone Mara weakened or stunned enough that a
quick saber stroke to the head or waiste would eliminate the witch.