Hi,
Sure. They do it all the time. Though, the fact remains that is
completely a contridiction of the books and movies.
Personally, I am in agreement with Lumiya's assessment given in the
Legacy series that Vader lost allot of force powers after having so many
cybernetic components added. Force lightning would probably have damaged
his cybernetics and killed him.