Hi Cara,

quote
One game I'd love to see, which I haven't seen anyone go for yet,
is Risk.
end quote

Oh, yes. Probably one of my two favorite board games of all time. The
strategy element in that game is really fun. Though, mission risk is
better because you are given specific missions and campaign objectives
to  fulfill.

quote
  I don't like the 'war' games per se, but what I like about
that game in particular is that you have the entire earth to play on.
end quote

Well, that actually depends on which risk board you have. There is a
couple of Star Wars versions where you have a galactic map where you can
deploy Clone Troopers, droids, etc to war it out throughout the Star
Wars galaxy. Really cool version of the game for SW fans.
I have heard, not seen, there is a transformers version of risk where
you can build armies of transformers and war it out. Another really cool
version I want to get my hands on.

quote
 so one might find themselves dealing with allies rather than
single opponents...  We just had fun with it...
end quote

Yeah, there is allot of ways risk can be played. One of those is form
alliances with other nations and complete a certain mission in Mission
Risk or concore the earth if you are playing out in all out warfare mode.

quote
anyway, I think a game like that could really work well over the
web, and certainly wouldn't be all that difficult to create, with the
stats / AI for computer play, probably being the most difficult part
end quote

Probably not. Sound RTS reminds me a little of Risk, and the way
Jean'Luc does online game play could work fine for Risk.