Hi Ari,

All of the tens of thousands of News Groups are still very active.  Including
the Usenet groups.  A sighted friend of mine set up an inaccessible News Groups
robot program for me that scarfs the sound files from such groups as
alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.sound-effects and alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.video-games.
So far I have gotten over thirty thousand sound files that I search through for
use in my games.  However I have been told that as long as your provider
provides the News Groups that Out Look can be set up to access them.

HTH

BFN

     Jim

How can there be self-help "groups"?