From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of ari
Sent: 07 February 2008 16:01
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] piracy of judgment day

Hi Thomas,
I have also been thinking about it from your point of view, and it really is

a tricky situation, but thanks to some new good free screen readers there
isn't as big a problem as it used to be. What I would wish for is that, if a

person needed a product like jaws, and they were living in a developing
country, if Freedom Scientific could work with  some aid charities where
something could be arranged. Big companies like Microsoft do alter their
prices for different regions, but, as you say, they have enough people to do

so, it's just that I have seen first-hand experiences of people having huge
problems because they can't afford the software, but I also really do
understand the other point of view. If screen reader companies were to start

regional pricing, then people in rich countries would find a way to import
or get coppies from developing countries. One thing which someone did
mention, many of us are very happy with the GW Micro idea, because many
dealers in some developing countries don't have enough money to allow
customers to do a monthly payback, but the GW model has given quite a few
people a good solution. Even in a country which is less developed for blind
people, I'm still always grateful that I was born in South Africa, because
some blind people are treated absolutely awfully in some other countries. I
know, until recently, there was a law in one country which didn't allow
blind people to marry, because apparrently the government of that country
actually considered blindness on parr with severe mental problems, and in
many superstitious cultures, if you're born blind, it's considered by
everyone that you are cursed, there was a case my friend had to deal with
where a father had basically locked his own blind son in a room, not even
allowing him to go out into the community because, in his eyes, his blind
son brought shame and disgrace on his family.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] You can make changes or update your
subscription via the web, at