Hi Shaun and all,
You can forget about ever getting pre-orders. It is because of
pre-orders I am in the mess I am in today. Michael is right that
pre-ordering has been delt a faytal blow because of this. If I myself
hadn't taken a pre-order for the game I could have went 3D and no one
would have a right to complain.
 From now on USA Games is playing it strait. I will hand pick a handful
of reliable beta testers I know and like, who do good work, and they
will be officially added to a private group of inside testers. When the
game is at 1.0 status that is when the public will be able to purchase
and play. You've all lost the right to pre-order and play over this.